Monday, May 9, 2016

Without the Shadows there would be no light

So when I was little like most little girls I believed in pretty princesses and happily ever afters. As life progressed I endured the bumps and bruises that polish us each into the gem that we will eventually become. Some of us will turn into shining diamonds and others will fall into the chasm of normalcy but for a few demented souls we live in the in between shadows and we're at home there. We LIKE the dark side of ourselves because that is where we went to survive each ordeal we faced that threatened to break our souls. Now I'm not talking about the various little things that we face that at the time seem to be the end of the world  I'm talking about situations where you are literally fighting to survive to be the person they used to promise you could be when you were little and the world was still full of magic. Now you're older and all the scars you've sustained to your soul make you a little harder and each day is a constant battle to remember that these scars make you stronger not weaker. All you want is to be able to survive another day without the demons that live in your mind taking over control. You have been around this track more than once and there is never a day where you don't have to battle this. EVERYDAY IS A STRUGGLE FOR SOME OF US. EVERYDAY.

Now, don't get me wrong. I still love cute little kittens and babies and once in a while I'm even nice to old ladies. And sometimes a miracle will happen and my inner demons stay quiet the whole day and I get a chance to remember all the hopes and dreams I had and convince myself that life is not that bad. But that is usually when the leash slips and all those inner thoughts pop out to play. So some of us embrace that dark side and realize that not all of us were meant to be made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some of us were meant to help define the borders of night and day. Some of us are shadow watchers and that's fine. I am not the only one, there are plenty of others. Each of us unique in the shadows we keep at bay and the ones we embrace.

So what's the point in this rant you ask? The point being, unless you want to see into the nightmares that wake me up at night and keep me from just enjoying life and smiling like a fool whenever you feel I should, then back the fuck up. Learn to respect that we all struggle to maintain a level of normalcy. Learn to take people as they are or keep walking. I have monsters to battle my friend and I don't have time for your stupidity. Presuming that I should kiss your ass because popular consensus says I should or that the " freaks " of the world are messing up your blessed life is gonna get you a lot of fuck all from me. We all need to face life in our own way and mine is my own path. I am not alone, there are a few brave souls who see me and understand the inner darkness for what it is. But you, you are in danger; when the beast does snarl you're the one it's coming for. And quite frankly, there are times when I don't feel like reining it in.

This has been a helpful announcement from your local sanity department. We aim to keep you breathing.


No comments:

Post a Comment