Monday, March 21, 2016

The Green Man: Tales from the Mythic Forest (Mythic Fiction #1) by Terri Windling





This is actually not a full review due to the fact that after several weeks of fighting the truth I put this book down unfinished. I originally wanted to read it of course because it pertained to legends of the Green Man. I was interested in seeing how some of the best writers would re imagine this beloved character. Although some of the stories were interesting and worth reading, none of them carried the feeling of lore that I've come to associate with the Green Man. Several, quite frankly failed to even hint at the mysteries of the forests and glens I was looking for. All in all what should have been a pleasure became quite the chore. 




Of course as always this is my opinion. There is some solid writing in here and it could be worth your taking a look at this collection if your interested in the potential new avenues that open up whenever you read a collection that contains various authors you may not even know about. The introduction to the book itself was very informative and has given me some new titles to add onto my reading list. Unfortunately for me, this is not a shelf keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment