Monday, April 21, 2014

"The Ocean at the End of the Lane" by Neil Gainman

I am a simple reader. I read a book and I either like it or not. When I give my opinion about a book it really relies on whether the story held my attention the way they did when I was little and I used to fall into the book and forget the world around me. That's the sign of a really great book; one that I race through because I can't get enough, lament that I've finished, and tuck away like a hoarding dragon for the next time that I can sink into that special world again. I'm happy to say that this is one of those books. Not because it's Gaiman but because the story is absolutely captivating. Let the literati explain to you why Gaiman's book works, I'll just say read it and pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment